As a subcontractor, you are required to complete and file a Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) tax return.


For many, this is a stressful process.

If you are employed as a subcontractor, it is almost guaranteed that you are required to complete and file a Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) tax return each year. For many, this is a stressful process with complicated forms to complete and regulations and requirements that must be met precisely. A simple mistake could mean that your CIS rebate will be delayed or worse, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) may decide to review your tax records.

Fortunately, Fish 4 Money provides an expert, reliable, and professional tax return services that make filing your CIS taxes simple and stress free. Our highly training staff knows exactly what is needed and required to successfully file your tax return and also get you the best possible rebate that may be owed to you.

Keeping good documentation is vital to obtaining the highest deductions. Your CIS rebate expert will work closely with you to ensure that you have all the necessary supporting documentation for your claim. We can even work with you to plan for the coming year so that you will have exactly what you need to file future taxes and maximise your tax refund.

To have Fish 4 Money make the filing of your CIS tax return stress-free and easy, click here to get started!

What you’ll need to get started


Complete record of all you work expenses

This will include information about the sites where you have worked, all miles that you have traveled for work, and all equipment or tools that you have had to buy to complete a job.


HMRC personal tax account

This account streamlines the filling for your CIS rebate. It is free to create and use and helps keep all of your important documents and forms in one convenient location. If you have not already set up your tax account, don't worry. We will be happy to create one for you.


Your CIS statements

These documents are sometimes referred to as pay vouchers or wage slips. They are statements that you receive from your employer that will detail your hours, wages, and exactly how much money has been taken for taxes.

Items you can claim

Typical deductions that you can claim include…

  • Hotel accommodations
  • Meals
  • Transportation
  • Fees for liability insurance
  • Toll and parking fees
  • Home office fees
  • Tool purchases
  • Other qualifying deductions.

image Are you owed a rebate?

Quite commonly, you are owed a rebate. The amount of your rebate is increased by claiming qualifying deductions from the past year that will help offset the amount of taxes that you owe. At Fish 4 Money, we are not only experts in correctly filing your CIS tax return, but we are also experts in helping you identify any deductions that will increase your rebate.


Here to make your life easier

At Fish 4 Money, we understand that your time is valuable, so we make obtaining your CIS tax rebate fast, convenient, and efficient!


A simple and easy 
filing process


Get the largest qualify 
rebate possible


Ensure you are compliant with filing guidelines


Get your money as 
quickly as possible


Reliable, expert, and courteous services

We’re sure you’ve got some questions

Are your services expensive?

No! We have some of the lowest and most competitive fees.

How do I know if Fish 4 Money can help me?

If you work within the UK construction industry as a general contractor, you are likely entitled to a CIS rebate. If you are uncertain if you are eligible, we will be happy to find the answer for you without any cost or obligation to you.  

I’m not registered for the CIS. What do I do?

You have a few options. The easiest option would be to work with us, and we will register for you. Or you can call the CIS helpline at 0845 366 7899 or register on the HMRC website.

Is it true that you don’t collect a fee unless I get a rebate?

Absolutely. We only receive a fee if you get a rebate for you. Our service is risk and stress-free!

Is my personal information safe with you?

Yes. We make every possible effort to safeguard your information, and we never sell or share client information with a third party.

What do you consider to be a complete record of my work expenses?

A complete record would include information about the sites you have worked, all the millage you have travelled for work, and all the equipment or tools you have bought or repaired to do your work.

What expenses can I use to offset my tax payment and get a larger rebate?

You can use various work-related expenses, including meals, hotel accommodations, tolls, and parking fees, tools and tool repairs, liability insurance costs, and much more. Fish 4 Money will help you determine every expense that can be used to increase your rebate.

What information will you need from me to file my CIS rebate?

To begin the filing process, we will need the following:

(1) a complete record of all your work expenses, (2) your HMRC personal tax account information, and (3) your CIS statements.

What is a CIS statement?

You might hear these called wage slips or pay vouchers. You receive them from your employer, and they include information about your hours, wages, and how much money was taken for taxes.

What is the CIS?

CIS is an abbreviation for the Construction Industry Scheme. It is a unique tax scheme that applies only to the construction industry, and it impacts all most all construction work that occurs within the UK. There are certain exceptions, but for general contractors, the CIS is mostly compulsory.

When must HMRC receive my tax return?

HMRC must receive your completed tax return on or before the 31st of January for the previous tax year.

Which subcontractors does Fish 4 Money work with?

We help all subcontractors complete their CIS tax returns, including builders, carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, construction workers, masons, and many others. If you are a subcontractor, we can help you maximi

se your return.