Do you need help to claim your CIS rebate?

If you are an electrician employed in the United Kingdom and receiving wages as a subcontractor, you most likely have to file a Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) tax return. For many, this is a stressful process. The forms and rules, as well as the CIS, can be confusing and complicated. At Fish 4 Money, we specialise in taking away that confusion and worry. We make filing your CIS tax return and obtaining your rebate simple and easy.

Our CIS tax experts work closely with electricians to understand their work history and expenditures specific to their trade. We make the entire filing process easy and painless. Simply supply us with information about the previous year's work, and we will do the rest. Your tax returns will be prepared quickly for your review. The tax professionals at Fish 4 Money will also include all applicable deductions to ensure that you receive all money that is owed to you.


You’ll receive the highest 
qualifying amount


Money in your hands 
as quickly as possible


Professional, knowledgeable staff


If you don’t qualify, you won’t pay a penny


Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Personal Tax Account.

This account assists with the filling for your CIS rebate. The account is free to create and use. It also keeps all your important documents in one location for your convenience. If you have not already enrolled and created an account, we will be happy to do that for you.

Your CIS statements. We will need to see and review all of your pay vouchers or wage slips for the filing year. You would have received these from your employer, and they will provide details regarding your hours, wages, and exactly how much money has been taken for taxes.

When we have all of the information, we will prepare your tax return and calculate your CIS rebate for your review. The whole process should only take a matter of days and will be convenient, stress-free, and reliable.

Click here to work with Fish 4 Money and get started now on your CIS tax rebate!

Items you can claim

Did you know that builders who are employed as subcontractors and that are required to file a CIS tax return can claim the following deductions?

  • Food expenses that you’ve paid for while you were on the job
  • Hotel accommodations expenses you’ve paid for when staying away from home for a job
  • Liability insurance costs that you pay to any professional body when they are necessary for your work
  • Expenses for work travel including tolls and parking fees
  • Home office related expenses such including supplies, phone usage, postage, etc
  • Costs for purchasing, and the upkeep of tools that are necessary for your work

Next steps…

One of our friendly and highly skilled CIS tax experts will review your individual situation to determine what expenditures we can use to offset your tax debt and get more money back into your pocket quickly!

Industry leading experts

As a recognised leader in the CIS tax rebate industry, Fish 4 Money has helped countless builders successfully file their tax returns and maximize their CIS rebate. Best of all, you only pay for our services when you get your CIS tax rebate.

We’re sure you’ve got some questions

Are your services expensive?

No! We have some of the lowest and most competitive fees.

How do I know if Fish 4 Money can help me?

If you work within the UK construction industry as a general contractor, you are likely entitled to a CIS rebate. If you are uncertain if you are eligible, we will be happy to find the answer for you without any cost or obligation to you.  

I’m not registered for the CIS. What do I do?

You have a few options. The easiest option would be to work with us, and we will register for you. Or you can call the CIS helpline at 0845 366 7899 or register on the HMRC website.

Is it true that you don’t collect a fee unless I get a rebate?

Absolutely. We only receive a fee if you get a rebate for you. Our service is risk and stress-free!

Is my personal information safe with you?

Yes. We make every possible effort to safeguard your information, and we never sell or share client information with a third party.

What do you consider to be a complete record of my work expenses?

A complete record would include information about the sites you have worked, all the millage you have travelled for work, and all the equipment or tools you have bought or repaired to do your work.

What expenses can I use to offset my tax payment and get a larger rebate?

You can use various work-related expenses, including meals, hotel accommodations, tolls, and parking fees, tools and tool repairs, liability insurance costs, and much more. Fish 4 Money will help you determine every expense that can be used to increase your rebate.

What information will you need from me to file my CIS rebate?

To begin the filing process, we will need the following:

(1) a complete record of all your work expenses, (2) your HMRC personal tax account information, and (3) your CIS statements.

What is a CIS statement?

You might hear these called wage slips or pay vouchers. You receive them from your employer, and they include information about your hours, wages, and how much money was taken for taxes.

What is the CIS?

CIS is an abbreviation for the Construction Industry Scheme. It is a unique tax scheme that applies only to the construction industry, and it impacts all most all construction work that occurs within the UK. There are certain exceptions, but for general contractors, the CIS is mostly compulsory.

When must HMRC receive my tax return?

HMRC must receive your completed tax return on or before the 31st of January for the previous tax year.

Which subcontractors does Fish 4 Money work with?

We help all subcontractors complete their CIS tax returns, including builders, carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, construction workers, masons, and many others. If you are a subcontractor, we can help you maximi

se your return.